17.7.12

Painting Painting Painting

Now that we've had such lovely weather, it's time to catch up with maintenance chores around the house... painting the steps up the mountain...

...painting the lower shed; I also installed a tuna fin that I was given in Cape Breton, as well as a cast glass tuna fin (it is actually in 2 1/2 pieces, hard to tell from the photo, which is unfortunate, but good enough for the shed!)...

... painting the upper shed...

... which really made a big difference close to the house... (and note the amazingly matching flowers... serendipity-- it must be, as I didn't know what colour these would be until they started to bloom)...

... and painting the deck, the rocking chair, the hand-rail-oars, the table, the steps to the studio, and pretty much anything I could possibly slap a paintbrush to. Good times.

Next catch-up project after the rains and the mosquitoes are gone: the crazy garden. I'm finally actually sort of looking forward to finding out what is going on in there. The lilies are up and starting to bloom now, so at least I know where those bulbs are supposed to be!

No comments: