4.11.11

Going Trad

I was a bit stuck for ideas this time around, for ornaments and fun things to make for the Christmas Craft Fairs... luckily, I had dinner with Christine one evening, because she has ideas! As someone who makes and sells traditional knit goods, this idea was a no brainer for her: 'Make glass trigger mitts,' she said!
So I did. At first I tried to cut out pieces to mimic the three patterns that she sent me, but the scale of the ornaments as compared to the size of my fingers is too small...
...as it is, I have to use tweezers...

... just to get the alternate 'stitches' onto the mitten, let alone cutting teeny tiny triangles and other miniature shapes as well...

Getting one mitten done took a LONG time, even after drawing and cutting out the basic shape...
BUT,
I am tough and I will persevere,
AND...
... a few days later...

... I have a few mittens to bring to the fair!

See you at the Arts & Culture Centre in St. John's, Nov. 9-13, and at the Corner Brook Pepsi Centre, Nov. 25-27.

4 comments:

island sweet said...

they are wonderful!

knix said...

Trad is rad! These are awesome Urve. Hope you do well in town. Couldn't make it after all...getting ready for CB. Say hi to everyone for me.
Cheers Sister

Brenda Stratton said...

Don't sell all the mitts before I get there! I love the Sledding Snowmen too and everything else!! xxxb

Urve Manuel said...

Thanks for the nice comments! Glad you like them...