9.10.11

Heat for the Winter

This year, we didn't have enough time to get our wood ourselves... so John Dinny with his pick-truck arrived this past Friday night with a nice bit of wood for the winter!

This is the first time a truck ever made it up our driveway (usually, my crates of glass get dropped off at the bottom by the road... makes for a long haul, one sheet at a time to the studio), so we were more than pleased...

... and the boom on the truck allows for placement of wood...

... pretty much anywhere the boom can reach...

... this way, our driveway was kept clear, and happily, we only have to carry the logs up half the mountain for once! And yes, that is what we spent quite a few hours doing today... Urve's Log-Lugging Boot Camp: guaranteed to give you buns of steel, strong torso, and good upperbody strength as well as a decent cardio work-out. If you feel the need for a good burn, come on out, and don't wait for me to be here, just have at it!

2 comments:

knix said...

Sweet, glad you hooked up with the "wood guy!" lots of work but worth it:)

Urve Manuel said...

Yes, well, between the dogs and the wood, I will get a bit of exercise, whether I wants it or not! And just having finished insulating the back wall of house has made all the difference already... bring on the chill, I say, I am as ready as I'm going to be this year!