25.9.11

Garden Gone Mad

It's been that kind of a year... my summer was spent doing reno's on a house, long days, long hours, and no garden time... so by the end of August, this is what was going on...

...by mid-September, things were just getting crazier and crazier...

...and now, here we are, just about October, and although everything is rather hairy, blooms are still blooming... my clematis is still on the go, the lilies have just died back, phlox is just in its glory, late gladioli are happening, and I have colour amongst the madness... but no time to do more than look... because I am still in search of my studio... !
I think I need to create a gardening group, where we spend one day per month at one person's garden on a rotational basis just to help things happen... not to mention to share plants that just take off and create way more progeny than anticipated.
Here is my one remarkable find this morning, amidst all the chaos.

2 comments:

island sweet said...

i like that gardening group idea!

Urve Manuel said...

Well, Shawn, let's think about that for next year... see if there are others who might be interested.