8.8.11

A Paddling sort of a Day

Saturday was a day for a paddle. I had to decide whether I would take the day off and enjoy it on the water, or take the day off and visit my family... after a while, I realised that I could do both-- northern people have used umiaks and kayaks to transport many people at a time... I figured so could I.

The first one out was Hiin...

...then slowly a few more struggled out of the red boat...

... and a few more...

...and more...!

We also pulled the food out, and our chef got on the program...

...the second chef for the second shift...

...waiting for seconds...

... and possibly thirds... wondering how I'm going to get them all back in the boat for the return trip...

Hiiner happy to stretch out and relax...

...discussing merits and suitability of rocks...

Milvi on a mission...

...boys and dog...

Hiin opted to stay on top rather than in the boat on the way back, even if it meant he had to paddle too...

...and we kept quiet about the pod of porpoises that raced by, or we may have capsized with all the packed-in-there-people wanting to have a look as well. Beautiful day!

No comments: