9.6.11

The Newest Project... Sort Of

Earlier this year, I put a bid in on a house in Gillams, for a whole multitude of reasons... which have all come to naught, and now here I am with another project...
... the house...

... the bridge (rotten, just carries my weight to get in and out)...

...surrounded by beautiful cherry trees...

... full of things... this is looking into the crawlspace in one direction...

... this is the crawl psace in the other direction... not been opened in about 5 years, everything is moldy, damp, rotten, and falling apart... a real pleasure...

...this is the first attempt at getting into the crawl space... after which, I realised I needed a dumpster... a large one (especially since the house was also completely full of everything)...

... the beginnings of things that might be salvageable, and things that could be burnt...

... arrival of my great friend the DUMPSTER, almost as long as the house itself...

...after one morning...

...the end of the second day... it just kept going. I had to get in and jump on things and rearrange many times to finally get it all in and keep it all level with the top if the bin.

Empty dining room... even got the carpets up everywhere in the house...

... more great things in the kitchen, could be salvageable...

...the rest of the kitchen...

...hallway...

...large bedroom, carpet still in, but bed etc. GONE!

Smaller bedroom, empty.
Looks like I need to do a bit of adjusting and levelling of the house itself, some window replacements, new deck, shore up the mudroom, replace the electrical panel (someone stole the existing panel from the house), some flooring will be required, bathroom reno, and a lick or two of paint. I don't have a photo of the view, but it really is beautiful, the mountains pop right out, and there is a nice field with forest border in front of the house. Very sweet two-bedroom home. Don't ask me what I'm going to do with it or why I needed this project, becuase I don't know.

No comments: