24.5.11

Squirrel Wars!

I had just risked life and limb the other day to climb up a metal ladder about 95 ft into the sky, in a narrow space that makes the ladder feel almost upright (and the laddeer-climber feel like she's falling backwards off the ladder), and managed to remove old shakes, insulate, tape, Tyvek, tape and then even cover the just-below-the-roof-line area with new siding.
That night (3am, actually) I was awakened to the sound of 5 hours of grinding and chewing on wood... Sawdust evidence on the stairs...

... the 5-hour-hole...

... the distance down...
Note the nice big fat electrical wires that service the house and studio well below me... on a rainy day... on a wet metal ladder... covering hole with chicken wire...
This went on for two days; the third day, I increased the folds of the chicken wire, and put a live trap on the roof... the trap went off, and slid down the roof, and I had visions of a squirrel tumbling down to the ground in this crazy trap... but of course the squirrel wasn't in the trap. All I have to do now is climb the roof and retrieve the trap. Maybe when it's a bit drier up there.

No comments: