19.5.11

Sculpture with Mike F

I'm taking a sculpture course at Grenfell Campus during the intersession; learning how to work with clay... hopefully this will help me out when I make molds and shapes for galss sculptures. The class is being taught by Mike Flaherty, and it is really fun becuase several good friends are also in this class... so several times each week, we get together and chat for hours when otherwise we probably wouldn't see each other except in passing or email. Our second assignment deals with rolling out slabs and building things with them... we're supposed to pick an actual building on campus and try to recreate that in clay...
...some people are good at this...

... and meticulous...

... Although I had every intention of being exact...

... things changed along the way...

...it's not done yet, but it still doesn't really resemble the building I had in mind.

No comments: