25.2.11

Weeball is Born

Yowsa! Well, world, here is the first ever, ONE OF A KIND, hand-knitted hat by Christine LeGrow of Spindrift in NL for moi! At the ACTS this year, I bought some merino wool, silk wool, and a skein of shawn's Byzantine hand-dyed and hand-spun wool...

... and magically roped Christine into building me a hat, loosely based on her new Sea-Kelp design tuques.


Christine has been to my studio, and saw Weeball from here...

... so she got inspired by the idea that Weeball could have been created by molten or volcanic rock actions...

...and as you can see...

... 'Wee Ball is Born' does indeed look 'hot and ready to erupt'!

Love it!!! Who says hand-knit is boring??????!?!?!?!?

4 comments:

island sweet said...

that's unbelievably gorgeous!

Brenda Stratton said...

Ah....you look so beautiful! xxxb

Susan said...

you know I love it too, it looks great on you

Urve Manuel said...

Well, I'm sure Christine will be pleased about the comments... I love the hat too!And the rest of the nice things that you said, well they're nice also.