13.11.10

Three More Days...

I have only three more days until I leave for the Christmas Craft Fair in St. John's. I am going to be at the Arts and Culture Centre for this fair Nov. 18-21, and hope to do as well as everyone is doing this weekend. I heard that it is a beautiful show with very high-end craftsmanship, and am looking forward to being part of that in a few short days. Set-up for me will be Wednesday, and the fair will open up on Thursday, so come on in a say hello, and see what our local artisans have to offer for the Christmas season!
 Things are piling up in the studio-- finally!! It seems that there is so much time involved before I actually get to see results (and sometimes the results are not what I had in mind, setbacks do occur...)
 I have finished a few pieces with the new technique that I just learned... these pieces take up to 5 firings each, making it a long process, and use up a lot of my kiln space and time, putting a bit of pressure on to get enough other work ready for the shows.
 Chickadees...
 ...Cardinals and Blue Jays...
 ...new little set of Reindeer Bowls and plates...

 ... my herd of caribous is slowly growing, and I would love to keep them all!
Just to top things off, I am adding a few poinsettias to the bunch, along with platters, plates, bowls and panels. Come on out to the Craft Fair in St. John's at the Arts and Culture Centre this weekend and Nov. 18-21. In Corner Brook, the Best Coast Christmas Craft Fair and Best Fish! (for emerging artists) will be held at Marble Mountain Nov. 26-28. Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love the reindeer bowl! Stop making things I want to buy already! Cha-ching!

Urve Manuel said...

Wow, you can see? Come see it in person during the Fair!