9.11.10

Salmon Run... All the Way Home

This past week, I took a day off work to go out to Gros Morne to take down and pack up Salmon Run... kind of sad to see it all go into boxes, the Discovery Centre was a beautiful venue for this installation, and I can't think of a nicer place to see it. On a more positive note, though, both Mike and Elaine Beverley were able to accompany us on the trip-- Mike helped me with all the blacksmithing required to build the stands for the glass river of fish; I was happy that they got the chance to see this work in such a beautiful spot in person, not to mention having a very enjoyable day together!
 Elaine, checking out the fish...
...one male, getting packed up...

 Elaine, myself, and Mike in front of the river, the fish, the osprey, and the panels...
 My eldest brother Tonu and Mike, doing a bit of creative tying... on this sunny day...
...last piece of glass river and fish to get taken apart...
Tonu enjoying the white bits of sunshine floating down to the truck... nice day all around!

1 comment:

Fran said...

wow; absolutely beautiful; wish I could see them in person. Fran in Calgary