22.10.10

I forgot to tell Hiin about the Colour and the Big Fat Double exhaust Pipes...

The Duck... oh yes, I know what you're thinking... the truth is that I did NOT choose this truck becuase of the colour; in fact, yellow is not my all-time favorite colour for a vehicle. I have been dreaming of a metallic cranberry red coloured vehicle, actually, but this particular set of wheels is what befell me...
And it does blend well with surroundings after all... in the fall.
So when we arrived home today (by way of Ontario-- it's a long story... after taking a Master Class at O-AT-KA Glass), I realised that I had a place for the ducks that I had found or collected for whatever genious reason at the time...
This pink one was a beach-combing find... I was contemplating whether it might serve as a dashbaord ornament...

...or better yet, as the hood ornament... and I'm thinking that the 10 tiny ducks I might be able to somehow string along the top of the windshield sort of like that pom-pom lace that is famous in some Tex-Mex locales (or Cheech and Chong movies)...we'll see...

 Good ole' Sheppie, so happy to see me today, he even jumped into the Duck and more or less refused to get out for a while, until he realised that I was moving back in, not out. So what about the Green Hornet? Not to worry, she's still on the road. With a few km shy of reaching the 300K mark, there's no way we're going to retire that ride... can you believe that that is what a dealer suggested (as in, No this is not worth anything as a trade-in, but we could retire this ride for you...)?! I don't think so!! It's one of the best vehicles I have ever driven. So hopefully I did well with the Duck also, we'll see how it all shakes out soon enough.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Ha ha Shep looks REALLY mad. Ya wanna go drag in our new babe trucks?