23.6.10

Stealing Hours for the Greenhouse and the Garden

My tulips are still going... only a few varieties left in bloom, but what a gorgeous burst of colour!

Got the roof on...mostly...

... and the beds made inside...

... even a little stone path for the boots! I'm still missing a few windows, but people will keep renovating, and over time I will be able to fill in the gaps. It looks like we may have to take a few trees down around the greenhouse to allow for a bit more light, which is really sad. We'll see. I think this year I will mostly just test to see how things grow in the greenhouse, and next year will know whether I can put in shelves and so on, and how the light is for the plants. Curious to see how Shawn does with her hanging tomoatoes, b/c I will have tonnes of room for hanging plants!

Azaleas in yestrday's sun! Last evening, at exactly 5pm, I shot out of the studio and stayed in the garden for the next 4 hours-- love having the light for so long, I got a lot done! The war against the weeds in the flower garden is being hard-fought at the ends of the days!

3 comments:

island sweet said...

the greenhouse is looking wonderful! yes - take advantage of the height. everything wants to grow up!

riinuk said...

Ikka veel tulbid, wow. Oleme siin Torontos ja üks eriline sireli sort (mingi mini) ikka vaevu õitseb mu vanemate tänaval. Käime Tuulega ja ikka vaatame sümboolselt "sireli viimast õit" ja siis tuli veel üks viimane... Sinu kasvuhoone on tõeline ime! What a fäb idea! Minul oli ka just aia/metsatöö blitz Kotkajärvel, kuhu jõuan ju vaid kord aastas. Ärkasin ühel hommikul kell 5.30, et saaks vaikuses ja rahus rügada enne kui pabulad ärkasid - mõnus! Nüüd on mul käed katki ja olen hammustustest pungil, aga jube õnnelik! Ilusat suve sulle Urve, sinu väikses paradiisis! Oh, ja head suviharja -- täna on ju jaaniöö...

Lori said...

Lookin' good. BUT I think you need to make some vents or else your plants will cook in late July/August. If you want to bring your Estonian doll done to my place, my dad said he can restring it. They are here until Sunday, but if you drop it off he could take it home, fix it and I can bring it back when I go over.