4.6.10

Starry Garden

My star magnolias are in bloom... I checked my garden log from last year, just to see what was really going on, and although we had high hopes of a warm spring, and although it started off much earlier than previous years, it has been cool and wet for quite some time this year after all. In fact, my magnolias are in bloom only 2 days earlier than last year!

But again, the cooler weather makes for much longer-lasting blooms, and there is so much beautiful colour and texture in my garden right now. This kind of a spring gives the rest of the perennials a chance to get going before the brilliance of tulips and hyacinths are over.
FARMER'S MARKET ON THE MAJESTIC LAWN THIS SATURDAY, 10am-2pm
Food, bedding plants, house plants, crafts!!
Come support the local growers!

No comments: