24.6.10

Besides the Colour

Besides the colour of my garden, which is always a joy, I think that the other most wonderful aspect is the smell of it all! With yesterday's warm (hot!!) breezes and gusty winds, the scent of the lilacs was blown all over the garden, and even up into my studio when the door was open. How amazing!! These will last until my wild roses bloom, I think, and the scent is strong as we have had cool weather. I can't describe how beautiful it really is.

Snow in July started in June... nothing the matter with that!

Nikki's mom gave me these in a small skinny bit a few years back, and they are huge and bushy and showy now. Love it!

Some plants I dig up in ditches along the side of the road... weeds, they're called. And thankfully they come back every year.

No comments: