30.4.10

Learning More Stuff for the Exhibition....

After the first disaster, where all the clay 'rocks' exploded all over my kiln, I took the long route... Thanks to Craig Strang (Meadow's Point Pottery), who delivered clay to my door (about a tonne of it, all the way up the stairs no less) along with instructions-- like DRY OUT the pieces for a few days before attempting a bisque fire--
...I was able to get all 200 or so of these things into the kiln, safely fired, and now...
... painted... kind of like Easter eggs, only clay, and so far they haven't broken when I've knocked them off the table-- by accident!... they are outside, drying out (again), and tomorrow morning, I get to set them all up for a test drive of Salmon Run. If you are in St. John's on the 8th of May, come to the opening of this exhibition, 2-4pm at the Devon House Main Gallery.

2 comments:

island sweet said...

what gorgeously quiet colours!

Urve Manuel said...

Thanks, Shawn. Trying to imagine water running over rocks, blurring details and colours...