11.1.10

Just in Time!

Well, the weather had been so unseasonably warm for this time of year, El Nino having a powerful effect even way out here, and I thought that winter boots might not be as important for this year as they were for the past. So when I spied those bright yellow boots earlier, the ones that make the wearer burn FOUR times as many calories as one would otherwise burn just by having them on, I couldn't make the idea disappear. So of course I looked them up again, and found--much to my delight-- that they come in a whole raft of colours... which one to pick?! It was a tough decision, but I went for the bright red-- cherry red, in fact... so right in the nick of time, just when the winter winds returned with their minus 95 wind-chill-factor, shaking our home with their strength and scaring away the balmy rainy days, my new flashy rainboots arrived by post.
I discovered that they are too hot to wear in the house.

2 comments:

island sweet said...

is all your work paying off on the house now that the winds have changed? xxx

Urve Manuel said...

Hey Shawn! The house is a million times warmer!!! With the wood stove going, we can hang around in t-shirts on most days!(I know,WOW!)On the windy days, though, it's still a bit chilly upstairs, I think it's something to do with how the first wall is attached, because when I take the trim off the windows on the inside, the draft seems to come from in between the wall layers... soemthing to look at more carefully in the srping, I guess. But all in all, it has made a HUGE difference, and we are both so happy for it!