15.12.09

Pink Poinsetta, Pink Girl

This year, I happened to see this variegated pink poinsetta as I was standing in the check-out line at the grocery store (they really know what they're doing with all the stuff they 'just happen' to put out along those areas of the store!)- so of course I brought it home. Usually I tend to go for the deep, rich reds... but this is quite beautiful-- not to mention timely...!
...Dave's little daughter visited us for the first time, and at three, seems to be in complete control of any situation. This little Pink Girl knows all about eye shadow and lipstick and make-up, and asked me where mine was. When I told her I didn't really have any, she looked me right in the eye and said, "Get some!"
'Maybe if you're good, Santa will bring you some,' she suggested.
And she was so convinced about this, and so adamant, that I became somewhat hesitant to tell her that I had already asked Santa for a compressor.
Perhaps the compressor will be pink. I think I've been good this year.

No comments: