31.10.09

It's the Weekend Again! Already!

Sheppie, lying sadly amongst his 'sheep'. He gets discouraged with his charges after a while-- once he's herded them into a cetral location, I think he feels that it gets kind of boring flicking them around and herding them back if he has to do it all by himself... but at least now he's got my osprey to stare up at, and contemplate life with.
Dreamer.
Because our ceiling is a bit low for the almost-life-size bird, we lie on the floor, with couch pillows under our heads and get lost in the dreams that this osprey inspires. This is what we see so much of the year-- ospreys soaring over the house, often with flat fish in their talons after the hunt at low tide, calling out to one another in their peculiar high-pitched voices... tewp, tewp...
I'm going to bring my Dreamer to St. John's with me if I can figure out how to transport without breaking... it's taken quite a while of thought and then 2 days just to sort out how to hang it... it's never just about creating, it's about the presentation too!!

3 comments:

bluebird of paradise said...

Urve, this is so beautiful. I love the osprey over Mackerel Point. I can call them with a sharp peep.

knix said...

AMAZING!!!

Urve Manuel said...

Thanks, ladies! I'm hoping someone will like it a LOT:-)!