18.9.09

Getting There...

Slowly, I'm getting there... almost all the insulation is on the walls, and the siding is going up as well. I only have one more window to do at the top of the house, and then I can get off the way-up-there scaffolding, so that is good. I can't wait to see what kind of a difference this insulation and vapour barrier will do for us this winter... but on the other hand, I still want more time before the snow flies! I wants it all!! Nancy came over for a visit, and poor thing, she got roped into working... what are friends for, I say! This summer and fall have been so busy that the best I can do by my flowers is to look and appreciate their beauty, that's it. These are late bloomers this year, I'm thinking that perhaps they like the cooler weather, because I think they normally bloom much earlier. Happy to see them come out! My crocosmia, beautiful as always... ...magenta gladiolus and sweet-smelling phlox...
...love the sun! Today is a studio day, as we have rain again, but that is a good thing... craft fairs and Christmas orders coming up, and I need to have stock on hand... it's going to be a tough balance, as usual!

No comments: