21.10.07

Fall Garden



My beautiful flower garden is finally getting ready for the long wonter sleep-- the weather has been turning very gradually to the colder side, so I have been able to cut gladioli until the early weeks of october. My vegetable garden keeps producing the green tomatoes, and of course leeks and other well-rooted things...


Our huge maple tree dominates the back area of our house, especially in the fall-- its brilliant colours splash outwards from the hill of evergreens and yellow birch leaves, firing up the treeline. It is one of the largest maples on the north shore-- in fact on of the largest ones that I have noticed around the areas in western Newfoundland that I have visited, and we feel really lucky to have such a wise and vibrant tree as part of our home.

No comments: